Saturday, March 19, 2016

Why I am a Supporter of Ted Cruz Part I

Why I am Voting For Ted Cruz?

I am a 150% supporter of Ted Cruz.  I have been following him since his run for the Texas Senate.  I was careful to vet my support of any candidate.  I initially like what Rand Paul was saying and took the time to vet Senator Paul as well.  I am not an emotional person.  That is, I realize that as human beings we all respond to emotions, but my motivation is not primarily emotional.  I am logical and a deep thinker.  This perhaps what attracted me to Senator Cruz.  He is also one of the smartest, sharpest, and most profoundly deep thinkers the conservative movement has had in many decades.

I am attracted to his policy positions.  His no-nonsense approach is straight forward and his two-fold ‘I will always tell the truth’ and ‘I will always do what I say’ was a HUGE draw to me and I am sure to other Christians who have been massively disappointed in the direction the Republican Party has drifted since they assumed control of both houses of Congress in 2014.

I am a Mormon.  Before anyone gets all excited in a negative way about my faith, and a public endorsement of Senator Cruz, just keep in mind that one of the strongest constitutionalists we have in the Senate, Mike Lee, comes from the State of Utah and is also a Latter-Day Saint.  There are thousands, if not tens-of-thousands of conservative Mormons throughout the United States that stand as supporters of conservative causes such as the right-to-life, the second amendment, a balanced budget amendment, and a litany of other Christian-oriented conservative causes. 

Other significant causes include living by the rule of law and securing the southern border, and enforcing the existing undocumented immigrant violators and returning them to their country of origin.

I am also a Ezra Taft Benson Constitutional Conservative.  For those who don’t know what that means check out this site.  http://www.properroleofgovernment.com

Ezra Taft Benson was the Secretary of Agriculture under Dwight D. Eisenhower.

He was also President of the Mormon Church and taught for many years on the subject of the importance of our constitution.

This brings me full circle to Ted Cruz.

Ted is a committed principled defender of the constitution.  He knows it.  He lives it.  As President he will be guided by it.  He will not be steered by the progressives who have taken over our government, our education system, our business community, and indeed our culture and our Republic.  He stands for returning our nation to the gold standard and auditing the Federal Reserve System.

As I have vetted Senator Cruz, his faith as a committed Christian was an important part of the process for me.  He loves the Lord.  He is a committed family man and from what I can tell he is committed to his beautiful wife and daughters and would never do anything to besmirch their confidence in him.

I am a family man also.  I have been married to the love of my life for more than thirty (30) years.  We have six (6) children and three grandchildren so far.  Their destiny, and their children’s destiny is why I am supporting Ted Cruz.

He is the only committed constitutional conservative that is qualified for this time and that God has raised up to restore and preserve our Republic.  We must unite and we must be sure that he secures the Republican Party nomination and then we must be sure that no Democratic Party trickery that the Clintons are famous for, is allowed to steal the general election.

We must prevail!  Run Ted run!


@JCWinegardner





No comments:

Post a Comment